Tuesday 23 June 2015

Susuk: A True Story

(As encountered and narrated by Abg Man, a healer and member of Destinasi Kebenaran. Translated and edited by me)

Susuk



"This was my experience in 2013, when I was called to help a patient who had been critically ill for almost 2 months...

I met up with a friend, Sufie (name has been changed to protect the identity of persons involved), who said to me, "Bro, I need your help". I responded, "What kind of help do you need?". Sufie then told me of his relative who is 'nazak' (on the verge of death), but could not pass on. The family had engaged the help of several ustaz and alternative healers, however, none were successful. Upon hearing this, I made the decision to visit the patient together with Sufie.

Upon my arrival at the patient's residence, I said my greetings, "Assalammualaikum!", and as I took my first step into the house, I felt a negative aura coming at me. 

I met with the patient's parents and husband and asked them a few questions, before I proceeded with the healing session. The husband, Rashid, came forth and told me, "We had been married for 3 years before she confessed... that she has had 'susuk' (charm needles) placed in various parts of her body, before we were married. She did it for the sake of beauty".

"Astaghfirullah... why didn't she get them removed?", I responded. The weary husband replied, "I have advised her to get them removed. Unfortunately, the person who had placed the 'susuk' in for her, has passed away... I told her not to worry, as we'd persevere to look for someone who could remove them for her...".

But days passed, turning into weeks, and then years. Soon, 10 years have gone, and the wife fell ill. After a check-up at the hospital, they discovered that the wife had Stage 3 breast cancer. There was no hope, and very little time.

Upon hearing this, I was determined to help the patient. Together with Rashid, I entered the bedroom where she was in, and when I saw her, I was overcome with sadness and sympathy.

The wife, Suriana, was skinny to the bone, and yelling. As if in fear... of something that we could not see.

I began my session by 'scanning' to see where the various 'susuk' were placed in her body. Once done, I communicated with the 'khodam' (guardian) of the susuk, requesting that they leave the body. However, my request was refused. It was also to my knowledge that Suriana had, in her healthier times, tried to remove the 'susuk' by going against the conditions for a wearer, however, to no avail. The 'susuk' refused to be expelled from her body.

I negotiated with the 'khodam', and read a few verses from the Holy Quran, to agitate it. Finally, it agreed to accede to my request, but on a few conditions. It asked for a bunch of bananas, 7 different types of flowers, and some scented joss sticks.

I informed Rashid of the 'khodam's request, to which he agreed. I also told him to accept whatever comes, after the removal of the 'susuk' was completed; I reminded him that everything happens at God's will. I took my leave and told him I would be back with the necessary items the next day.

As promised, I returned the following day with the items requested by the 'khodam'. Before I proceeded with the session, I told Rashid to snap a photo of Suriana, before and after the removal of the 'susuk'.

I 'surrendered' the items I had brought along to the 'khodam' and successfully transferred it from Suriana's body, into a bottle.  Immediately, her face became extremely sunken, and she was not yelling anymore. I turned to Rashid and informed him that the 'susuk' has been removed from her body, and to be resigned to whatever fate the Almighty had planned for her, and them.

Two days later, I received a call from Rashid, informing that Suriana had just passed away. I offered him my condolences and told him to have strength and patience in accepting God's will. For He is the best Provider and Planner. Amin.

The moral of this story is:
1. Do not be obssessed with the mystical.
2. Be thankful with what you have.





1 comment:

  1. Hello. Can i talk to you something personal. Here is my email lameeah_nakoh@yahoo.com. Thanks

    ReplyDelete