Friday 19 June 2015

Midnight Cadet: A True Story

The following is based on true events, as experienced by Naz DK Sergeant, a senior member of Destinasi Kebenaran.


(Narrated by Naz, edited by me)

○●○●○●○

"It was 1996, I was serving National Service. My BMT training was in Nee Soon Camp, Echo Company, with my bunk located on the 4th floor of the Echo Company Building.


It is common knowledge that in the army, we have to switch off the lights at 23:59, after which, we lay in our bunks in total darkness. The first week passed, followed by the second. Nothing happened.

However, on the third week of my BMT, my bunkmates and me were sound asleep when I was awoken by the sound of someone running along the corridor. I did a timecheck, it was past 2 in the morning. As my bed was located by the window overlooking the corridor, I could see if anyone was walking or loitering outside. Curious to find out the source of the sounds, I slowly peeked through the window...

... I saw the figure of a man dressed in Full Battle Order (full Army equipment), running from end of the corridor, to the other end. I wondered, who could this be?? And why was he doing this, because no one is supposed to be up and about after 23:59!!

I could not tell if it was one of my platoon mates. In the darkness, I could only make out the body. As I watched him run towards the other end of the corridor... he suddenly CLIMBED OVER THE PARAPET AND JUMPED DOWN!!

"Oh my God!!!" Thinking I may have just witnessed a suicide, I quickly got up from bed and ran to the spot I last saw the figure, and looked down to where he would have landed from the jump.

THERE WAS NO ONE.

By now, I could feel the perspiration on my forehead and goosebumps all over my body.

Without a second thought, I rushed back to my bed and covered myself with the blanket. I could not sleep a wink after that, that night.

Till today, I do not know if it was a ghostly apparition, or my imagination. Only God knows."


No comments:

Post a Comment